Safety Workbook for Home Caregivers of Persons with Dementia
This easy to read workbook with evidence-based information is a self-paced guide for caregivers and includes practical tips for home safety for persons with dementia, helpful illustrations, and an itemized list to take to the store. This workbook is intended to help home caregivers but not to replace a formal home safety evaluation.
- The workbook is publicly available and can be downloaded from the VHA Office of Geriatrics
and Extended Care Internet website at https://www.va.gov/geriatrics/docs/HOME_SAFETY_BOOKLET_March_2019.pdf
- For VA clinicians, the workbook is also available from an intranet site where there are also links to a PowerPoint presentation about the use of the workbook, and a flyer announcing the workbook. Click here
Printing tips for the Home Safety Booklet
- Designed to print on standard 8 1/2 x 11" paper
- Portrait orientation
- Color printing is preferable
- May have to select "Shrink oversized pages" or "Fit" size option
- If printing double sided, select "flip on long edge"
Also, if you plan on printing batches or large numbers of booklets for distribution, please let us know so we can keep track of the extent of the dissemination of this educational product. You can email Lauren.Moo@va.gov